A problem with the first boot of Shibboleth IdP 2.4.0

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Jun 14 12:37:02 EDT 2013

On 6/14/13 12:13 PM, "Marco Malavolti" <marco.malavolti at garr.it> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am a new shibboleth user and I have encountered this error on the first
>boot of my Shibboleth IdP 2.4.0.
>

>I think to have configured the "relying-party.xml" properly, but only
>after a "service Tomcat restart" my IdP runs fine.

Can't be running fine if those are the errors you're getting, they
indicate your configuration is not well-formed, with some kind of element
start/end mismatch.

>I think the property "failFastInitialization" doesn't work properly on my
>IdP.

That doesn't appear to be relevant, you seem to have very significant
config errors. One possible issue may be an incorrect URL for the
metadata, it doesn't seem to be loading actual XML from that.