Issue with URL re-direct after IDP authentication - signing Assertion

justin9 justin9 at ymail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:30:28 EDT 2013

Hi Scott,
My IDP update the certificate to the default one which is generated while
installing shib and i still have the same issue, on first attempt after
authenticating its not redirected to my landing page, but if i past my url
and enter then it happens.
attached is my shibboleth2.xml file.
shib2.txt <http://shibboleth.1660669.n2.nabble.com/file/n7588427/shib2.txt>

what i believe could be the issue is (correct me if im wrong) i dont have
attributes like

<TrustEngine type="Chaining">
            <TrustEngine type="ExplicitKey"/>
            <TrustEngine type="PKIX"/>
        </TrustEngine>

or

<md:AssertionConsumerService Location="/SAML2/POST" index="1"
                Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST"/>
            <md:AssertionConsumerService Location="/SAML2/POST-SimpleSign"
index="2"

Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST-SimpleSign"/>
            <md:AssertionConsumerService Location="/SAML2/Artifact"
index="3"

Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Artifact"/>
            <md:AssertionConsumerService Location="/SAML2/ECP" index="4"
                Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:PAOS"/>
            <md:AssertionConsumerService Location="/SAML/POST" index="5"

Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:profiles:browser-post"/>
            <md:AssertionConsumerService Location="/SAML/Artifact" index="6"
                Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:profiles:artifact-01"/>

do i need these or is my shibboleth2.xml is incomplete for assertion
signing.