shibboleth-idp behind a load balancer?

Paul Hethmon paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com
Thu Dec 12 11:38:14 EST 2013

Make sure the URL is the correct URL. I think your original post had something like:

<hostname>/idp/Status

I don't use the built-in status servlet myself, but make sure it is mapped to  "Status" as opposed to "status". That is case sensitive. The mapping is in the idp's web.xml file.

If that matches, then the IdP is not loading correctly and Tomcat has unloaded the IdP application, hence nothing in idp-process.log. In that case, check your Tomcat logs for why it failed to load.

Paul