Active Director Synchronization using Shibboleth

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Fri Apr 19 12:25:57 EDT 2013

* Rii <kotadiarina at gmail.com> [2013-04-19 09:42]:
> I am new to shibboleth.I have successfully configure Shibboleth Idp and SP
> in my system.

Great.

> I count't find anything regarding AD synchronization using shibboleth.Can
> anyone suggest me , If I want to synchronize active directory with our SQL
> server database , Shibboleth will help us? If yes how?

No, it won't.

While the Shibboleth IdP can access your data sources (LDAP, RDBMS,
etc.) and pass on parts of that data when needed for users' Web SSO
sessions, it's not a data synchronization framework (though some have
used parts of it for that).

Cf. http://shibboleth.net/about/ or
http://shibboleth.net/about/basic.html
-peter