ADP integration

Michael R. Gettes gettes at cmu.edu
Mon Nov 12 09:03:56 EST 2012

We tried to use ADP.  They want $5K for initial setup.  You pay by the user each month for federated access.  They refused to join InCommon.  Their legal agreement took significant work on the part of CMU to help them understand liability as they wanted to use federated access as a reason to push ALL liability for their service onto us - yes, this is true.  We believe we got them to understand where liability sits in a federated world but we are unsure if they learned this lesson just for CMU or more broadly.  In the end, after 1 year of trying to make it work with them we decided to skip the continued level of effort given our impending move to WorkDay.  IMHO, for an org as small as UCAID, I wouldn't recommend the cost (money as well as effort).

/mrg