Memcached and failover (Problems: SERVER IS MARKED AS DEAD).

Hans Christian Alsos h.c.alsos at usit.uio.no
Wed Jan 25 12:19:09 GMT 2012

Hi.
My question is regarding failover and memcached.

I have deployed Shibboleth with the memcached extension to two servers
using LVS, and if I stop memcached on one of the servers, I get an error
message saying that the "SERVER IS MARKED DEAD". Which is fine, but it
seems that shibd continues to try and use that memcached instance even
after it has been marked as dead.

Is there any way to configure shibd to stop using memcached servers that
have been marked dead ?
Regards.
Hans Christian Alsos