WebSphere Clustering - _idp_authn_lc_key cookie not found

Zmuda, Matthew R Matthew.R.Zmuda at td.com
Thu Feb 23 16:53:55 GMT 2012

Has anyone tried clustering with WebSphere?
I'm running into following issue:

RP Transfers user to my IDP
User clicks a link that may (and usually does) send user to a new node on the cluster.
The _idp_authn_lc_key is no longer found by the new node.

My web.xml is using the following context-param to ensure the cookie is in the correct domain

    <context-param>
            <param-name>cookieDomain</param-name>
            <param-value>my.domain.com</param-value>
      </context-param>

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited. If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions.
AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique pour des instructions.