how to get issue tracker access?

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 7 20:57:55 EDT 2012

On 8/7/12 8:45 PM, "Tom Poage" <tfpoage at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

>Our sysadmins have run across a handful of RedHat package updates in
>recent weeks that have left systems in a bad state. One involved what is
>believed to be init scripts (RHEL 5; wouldn't boot), another autofs
>(RHEL 6.3; IIRC panic). I found a botch on an RHEL 5 box after patching
>that had left a bad (SELinux) label on nsswitch.conf (broken naming).

Well, I'm not alone, RPM is a bitch to get right, but the cause here is
definitely the rename. There's no support (now that I've looked closely)
for upgrades + renames. Fixing it would be hard, and very unlikely to work
on SUSE, because they're very strict about what can go into particular
scriptlets.

It's early enough to just catch it now and get it reverted. Many more
people will see it work than break because I rename it back.

The hassle is getting the packages deleted, because of the delays, but the
wipe is done, it's just a matter of waiting a bit.

I should have packages up later tonight that fix this problem and a few
others.