Question Regarding Shibboleth Setup

Juan Quintanilla jquin014 at fiu.edu
Tue Sep 27 14:42:45 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm new to shibboleth and I had a question regarding setting up Shibboleth Idp on a Red Hat 6 Server.  Is there any particular reason why in some instructions for setting up shibboleth  many are configuring Apache Tomcat along with httpd and mod_ssl on the front end, instead of just configuring Tomcat and leaving that by itself?  Also is there a need to setup a DB backend for Shibboleth Idp.

Would anybody have a link to a useful installation guide of Shibboleth Idp for Red Hat 6 64bit server?

Thanks!

Juan Quintanilla
UTS - Enterprise Group
305-348-6573