The Shibboleth software:
- Integrates with most authentication and directory systems, extending your users' reach into other organizations and services;
- Utilises widely-used standard federated identity protocols and interoperates with identity solutions from most major vendors;
- Provides the authentication and authorization infrastructure for diverse, multilateral collaborations;
- Scales for deployments involving thousands of partners and handling millions of authentication transactions per day.
The Shibboleth software is freely available though, so why join the Shibboleth Consortium?
By becoming a member of the Shibboleth Consortium you will:
- Receive early notice of security issues as they are identified;
- Enable us to continue to develop and maintain the software;
- Enable us to support standardisation efforts;
- Enable us to provide user support and training;
- Help us add more of the features requested by the Shibboleth community;
- Have the ability to influence the direction of Shibboleth via the Shibboleth Board.
To become a member of, or donate to, the Shibboleth Consortium, please go to the Support the Consortium page.