Shibboleth IdP configuration syntax for boolean values

Guillaume Rousse guillaume.rousse at renater.fr
Thu Nov 3 16:07:26 UTC 2022

Hello.

I'm having a question about case sensitivity of boolean arguments in
Shibboleth IdP XML configuration files, as we are debugging a recent
incident.

I can't find any definitive answer either in IdP documentation, either
in Spring documentation. All examples found in documentation use the
all-lowercase syntax. According to my own tests on current IdP version,
the value is not case sensitive, ie p:encryptAssertions="False" and
p:encryptAssertions="false" have exactly the same result.

Some of my colleagues are quite persuaded however those parameters were
once case sensitive, probably in an older version.

So, am I correct about current version, and was this different somewhere
in the past ?

Regards.
--
Guillaume Rousse