IDP v4.2.1 - Using SAML Proxying to another IdP

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon May 23 16:49:32 UTC 2022

On 5/23/22, 12:36 PM, "users on behalf of prasanna cg via users" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of users at shibboleth.net> wrote:

>    Do we have an equivalent article of
> https://shibboleth.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/1459979597/Using+SAML+Proxying+to+another+IdP
> available for IDP v4.2 ? If not, can anyone help to highlight the key differences from a config standpoint ?

The changes are related to 4.1, not 4.2, mostly that improvements were made to simplfy the configuration when pulling in an Attribute for subject c14n of the username so it's not as awkward. Everything before still works, but the documentation that you should be using, which isn't that, has updated examples for how to do it.

>    I did review the article -
> https://shibboleth.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IDP4/pages/1282539600/SAMLAuthnConfiguration

Then what didn't you understand in it?

> I understood that SAML as an authentication flow is no longer applicable for 4.2

That is untrue and there is nothing anywhere saying that in our documentation that I'm aware of.