Issue with attribute release consent

Darren Boss Darren.Boss at alliancecan.ca
Thu May 12 23:58:50 UTC 2022

This statement on this page (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/IndexedDB_API/Browser_storage_limits_and_eviction_criteria) has nothing to do with the way local storage is used, right?

In Firefox, when persistent storage is used, the user is given a UI popup to alert them that this data will persist, and asks if they are happy with that. Temporary data storage does not elicit any user prompts.

I don't think I've ever seen a popup like this in Firefox.

It really seems like the local storage is getting removed (or corrupted) after about a day after working without issue. I'll keep logging at DEBUG and TRACE and see if I can make any sense of this on my end but I'm getting more and more tempted about turning off consent for local services sooner rather than later and just not worry about external services and how much this annoys people. There are not that many users and few services now that people would be using.