Request to add support for Dynamic Base in LDAP Connector

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 27 19:03:54 UTC 2022

On 7/27/22, 2:57 PM, "users on behalf of Wessel, Keith via users" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of users at shibboleth.net> wrote:

> It's not trivial, but couldn't one use the SpringResourcesRef attribute on the
> LDAP data connector to point to a bean that dynamically sets the search
> base as part of the SearchExecutor?

No, most beans are singletons, they're built once and the settings are applied when they're built. And it's still my suspicion that the baseDN might be required to instantiate the connection pool, which would make it impossible to vary if it's only every used at that step.

The search filter and other values are part of the searches issued to the pool, but I don't think the baseDN is. I could also be wrong.

On top of all that, we don't really intend to keep supporting that Spring wiring hook, it's really ugly code and isn't really used much at all.