mdq download failure - trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

Michael Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 12:44:00 UTC 2022

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022, Krug, Jeff wrote:

> Had this same problem crop up and was a problem for almost a month it seems,
> before the metadata actually expired.  Same deal though that restarting
> seems to have fixed it.  My best guess is that the version of java got
> updated by Linux updates and somehow that corrupted the cacerts file in some
> way?  But likewise not sure exactly what happened.

Java updates on linux can be weird. We stopped automatic java package
updates on our CentOS shibboleth server for a while because the java
software location was based on the package version so moved when java was
updated - the update process tried to copy over the relevant configuration
files but they weren't where the running shibboleth process expected them
and things broke. We haven't seen the problem since updating to java 11
and a later version of shibboleth.

 	Michael Young