idp-metadata.xml not generated during fresh install of 4.1.4

Rod Widdowson rdw at steadingsoftware.com
Thu Sep 30 13:04:52 UTC 2021

> I understand that the idp-metadata.xml file is a hold-over, and isn't fondly looked upon. Nonetheless, it's caused

> me some annoyance not to have it,

I'm pretty sure that the installer is still supposed to generate it so that would be a bug.  Feel free to enter a bug report.

Meantime, and quite serendipitously last week we release V1 on the metadatagen plugin which is what you actually need (since it
works on existing installations and has a few more control points).

I think that the documentation explains all that you need to know, but please come back here if you have questions.

https://shibboleth.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IDPPLUGINS/pages/1381269765/Metadatagen

/Rod