Mix Basic Auth and Shibboleth

chad phillips chad at chadphillips.org
Sun Sep 12 04:02:49 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have Shibboleth setup as the service provider for an Apache 2.4 server.
Salesforce is our IDP and everything works well.

We want to have a web crawler crawl the access restricted portions of our
website.  The problem is our crawler only supports Basic Authentication.

Is it possible to have an Apache directory restricted by BOTH Shibboleth
and Basic Auth?  I would like the crawler to be able to use Basic
Authentication, but regular users would go through Shibboleth.

I have found a few other posts of people asking the same question, but no
definitive answer.

thank you