4.1.4 RemoteUser

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 8 14:30:24 UTC 2021

>    I am upgrading to 4.1.4 and I had a question about setting Remote User. Do I set web.xml to the following:

No, because you already did. If you don't install on top of 3.x, you are going to screw your system up, so your question literally implies you're doing it wrong or web.xml would already be edited with the necessary settings.

>    I don’t see a place to set with idp.authn.flows in idp.properties.

Again, this literally says "I'm not upgrading correctly", otherwise it would already be there. The fact that it's been moved to authn.properties for a new install has nothing to do with it because that file wouldn't even be loaded into an upgraded system.

There are explicit and extensive pages and examples covering how to take an upgraded IdP and modernize it to take advantage of the changes in 4.1. That is NOT how you start out with an upgraded IdP. You get it working first as is and then worry about adjusting things, if even then.