How to query decoded SAML response in Shbboleth SP version 3.0.1

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Wed Oct 20 13:16:54 UTC 2021

* Kannan, Satheesh (ELS-CON) <s.kannan.1 at elsevier.com> [2021-10-20 15:12]:
> Is there a way we can query the decoded SAML Response in Shibboleth
> SP version 3.0.1 to see the SAML assertions sent by the IDP for
> debugging purpose.

For merely decoding you could do that in the browser without access to
the server, using e.g. the SAML-tracer browser extension.

If the Reponse (or the Assertion within) is also encrypted you'd
need to do that on the SP: Have a look at your shibd.logger and
uncomment the category for SAML protocol messages.

That should allow you to log the decoded, decrypted Reponse (or
Assertion).

-peter