active directory URL in shibboleth IDP windows

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Mon Nov 8 14:21:48 UTC 2021

* Aisha Al Fudhaili <aisha at omren.om> [2021-11-08 11:16]:
> I'm working with shibboleth IDP 3.4 in windows.

Then you should make a plan to upgrade to a supported version.

> Shibboleth IDP was working fine (All attributes were released)
> before I changed the active directory URL from IDP.my_domain to
> my_domain. All the data connector attributes are not released. The
> logs contain no errors. What did I do wrong?

Well, if it worked before why did you change it? Or vice versa:
If the change broke things wouldn't simply undoing the change make
things work again?

Either way: We can't tell you what the correct URI for your LDAP
server you need to connect to, that's something you (or the people
running the MS-AD server) would need to know.

The IDP needs to be able to connect to the LDAP server somehow:
That could be done using a FQDN (full domain name) registered in DNS,
or maybe using a local hostname not in DNS (but available in a local
name service), maybe a host name only available in the IDP's hosts
file, maybe an IP address.

-peter