Matadata aggregator , federation named groupID for filters

Ian Young ian at
Thu Jun 24 15:51:15 UTC 2021

Sorry I didn't get back to you more quickly, I missed this mail somehow...

> On 2021-06-18, at 12:59, Jehan PROCACCIA <jehan.procaccia at> wrote:
> ...
> Ok, I added the load of the p: namespace with  xmlns:p=" <>"
> But still , it fails now on another error : 
> [aggregator-cli]# ./ ../config-imt.xml main
> ERROR - Unable to initialize Spring context
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 21 in XML document from URL [file:/root/aggregator-cli-0.9.2/../config-imt.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 21; columnNumber: 45; cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element '{"":property}'. One of '{"":import, "":alias, "":bean, WC[##other:""]}' is expected.
>     at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions( ~[spring-beans-4.2.3.RELEASE.jar:4.2.3.RELEASE]

This is just an XML syntax error:

> Line 21 in XML document from URL [file:/root/aggregator-cli-0.9.2/../config-imt.xml] is invalid

> lineNumber: 21; columnNumber: 45; cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element '{"":property}

Your problem is that this bean definition is corrupt:

   <bean id="source" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.dom.DomFilesystemSourceStage" p:source-ref="metadataDirectory" p:parserPool-ref="parserPool"/>
        <property name="id" value="source"/>
        <property name="parserPool">
            <bean class="" init-method="initialize"/>
        <property name="source">
            <bean class="">
                <constructor-arg value="/root/xml/fede-imt-metadata-git/"/>

Here, the first line ends with "/>" which closes the XML tag. What follows isn't nested inside the bean definition as a result and you can't have a "property" tag outside one.

I think maybe you've cut and paste one thing inside another and ended up with invalid XML.

You can fix this by either:

* removing the p:property definitions from the bean tag and removing the trailing "/" so that the <property> definitions are correctly nested, or

* remove everything from the first <property> to the </bean> and fix up the p:property values. In particular you'd need to define parserPool somewhere.

You also have a duplicate definition of metadataDirectory just after that; as I say, this looks like a cut-and-paste accident to me.

I've appended something that at least passes XML syntax and bean definition checks (but can't open any files); I hope that moves things along a bit.


    -- Ian

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans default-init-method="initialize"
       xmlns="" xmlns:p=""
       xmlns:util="" xmlns:xsi=""

	<!-- Configuration Options for the metadata aggregation process -->
    <bean id="metadataDirectory" class="">
        <constructor-arg value="/root/xml/fede-imt-metadata-git/"/>
    <bean id="localMetadataDirectory" class="">
        <constructor-arg value="/root/xml/fede-imt-metadata-git/"/>

	<bean id="parserPool" class="" init-method="initialize"/>

	<bean id="readLocalMetadata" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.dom.DOMFilesystemSourceStage"
        p:id="readLocalMetadata" p:parserPool-ref="parserPool" p:source-ref="localMetadataDirectory"/>

    <!-- First, we define the stages for our pipeline -->
        <!-- My initial 0.7 JP <bean id="readIn" p:id="readIn" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.dom.DomFilesystemSourceStage" p:source-ref="metadataDirectory" p:parserPool-ref="parserPool"/> -->

    <bean id="source" p:id="source"
    	p:source-ref="metadataDirectory" p:parserPool-ref="parserPool"/>

    <bean id="createEntitiesDescriptor" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.dom.saml.EntitiesDescriptorAssemblerStage">
        <property name="id" value="createEntitiesDescriptor"/>
    <bean id="generateContentReferenceId" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.dom.saml.GenerateIdStage">
        <property name="id" value="generateContentReferenceId" />
    <bean id="signMetadata" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.dom.XMLSignatureSigningStage">
        <property name="id" value="signMetadata"/>
        <property name="privateKey">
            <bean class="net.shibboleth.ext.spring.factory.PrivateKeyFactoryBean">
                <property name="resource">
                    <bean class="">
                            <bean class="">
                                <constructor-arg value="path/to/private-key.pem"/>
    <bean id="serialize" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.pipeline.SerializationStage">
        <property name="id" value="serializeIdPs"/>
        <property name="outputFile">
            <bean class="">
            <constructor-arg value="/root/xml/fede-imt-metadata-git/Downloads/fede-imt-aggregate.xml"/>
        <property name="serializer">
            <bean id="domSerializer" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.dom.DOMElementSerializer" />
    <!-- Next we define a pipeline with all the stages in it -->
    <bean id="main" class="net.shibboleth.metadata.pipeline.SimplePipeline" init-method="initialize">
        <property name="id" value="main"/>
        <property name="stages">
                <ref bean="source"/>
                <ref bean="removeInvalidContactPerson"/>
                <ref bean="removeOrganization"/>
                <ref bean="createEntitiesDescriptor"/>
                <ref bean="generateContentReferenceId" />
                <ref bean="signMetadata"/>
                <ref bean="serialize" />

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 3883 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the users mailing list