SAML Proxy to Azure: odd IdP session timeout behavior

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 23 19:43:39 UTC 2021

That's a bug of some sort, but I'm fairly unconvinced that those are part of the same transaction. I don't think those two errors even go together, but the latter is not an IdP session timeout, it's a container session timeout. That's the standard "you waited too long to finish" case and it's not fixable, only tuneable.

But that isn't connected (I don't think) to the earlier traces of a bug causing a runtime exception. That looks more like a bug somewhere around cleanup or a case of a browser routing through the same logic twice in some way that wasn't expected.

Bugs like this generally have to be reproducible to fix. There are lots of these "I saw it in the log" weird cases that never get fixed because there's no explanation of how they happened. But I'm hoping the particulars should at least be guardable in some way that might allow it to be flagged more explicitly in the code until the root cause is figured out.