Ldap nested Groups membership not working as expected

Armando Martins armando.mart1s at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:51:32 UTC 2021

Ok, you're totally right.

I've replaced distinguishedName by entryDN. and now that's working!

Thanks a lot for your help. I have been looking since yesterday because of
this stupid mistake.

Thanks again guys you saved me a lot of time!

Le ven. 11 juin 2021 à 11:41, Peter Schober <peter.schober at univie.ac.at> a
écrit :

> * Armando Martins <armando.mart1s at gmail.com> [2021-06-11 11:31]:
> > ldapsearch -x -LLL -h "myldapserver" -b 'dc=example,dc=com' -D
> > 'uid=myroaccount,ou=users,o=services,dc=example,dc=com' -w mypassword
> > uid=testuser distinguishedName
> > dn: uid=testuser,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
> >
> > So, the answer is yes. The distinguishedName attribute is exposed by
> > OpenLDAP.
>
> No, you're simply misreading the output from that command.
> If it would have found an attribute named "distinguishedName" it would
> have printed the attribute and it's values as part of the output.
> (It does not, above.)
>
> Try searching for an attribute that's guaranteed to NOT exist and it
> will still respond with dn: ...
>
> -peter
> --
> For Consortium Member technical support, see
> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/coFAAg

Armando Martins