Shibboleth IdP 4, SAML proxying and SimpleSAMLphp proxy breakage?

Robert Bradley robert.bradley at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 23 18:44:14 UTC 2021

On 23/02/2021 16:42, Peter Schober wrote:
> * Robert Bradley <robert.bradley at it.ox.ac.uk> [2021-02-23 16:50]:
>> I'm not sure if this is a bug in upstream SimpleSAMLphp or simply an issue
>> with the GÉANT SAML proxy, but I thought it would be worth noting here in
>> case anyone else running Shibboleth IdPs with Azure AD for authentication
>> runs into similar issues.
>
> Probably both, but have you reported it to either one (GÉANT, SSP
> devs) in addition to calling it out here?
>
> -peter

It was reported to GÉANT last week, although not by me, so that could be
lost in the the eduroam CAT support desk.  I haven't reported it to the
SimpleSAMLphp developers yet, but it's looking like that's the next step.

--
Dr Robert Bradley
Identity and Access Management Team, IT Services, University of Oxford