include statements in xml configuration files?

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 19 17:58:01 UTC 2021

The fundamental point I was really trying to make here was that if you have a thing that can generate a list of entityIDs to magically "include" in some way, then the only difference between having that and something that works is to generate a few extra bits of XML around it to generate a whole Spring file with a MetadataFilter, attach it ByReference, and you're done.

I think the regex is better obviously, but I'm just saying that the alternative is not to script the whole metadata configuration, it's a very small amount of syntax added.

This is why I did hours of work to make filters by reference work. It was *not* easy and it's a huge hack under the covers, but it does work.