OIDC: placeToIDToken replacement in the latest version?

Wessel, Keith kwessel at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 26 02:00:44 UTC 2021

Correct, placeToIdToken and denyUserInfo are no longer allowed on attribute definitions. Instead, you set the attributes that should be included in the ID token or not allowed in userinfo in the properties in oidc.properties:

# "Always included" attributes are forced into ID tokens for all response_types
idp.oidc.alwaysIncludedAttributes = myDisplayName,email
# "Denied" attributes are omitted from the UserInfo token
idp.oidc.deniedUserInfoAttributes = some,other,attributes

By default, the only claims that will be placed in the ID token are the standard OIDC reserved claims, and by default every released claim will be allowed in the userinfo. So, you can get back the placeToIdToken behavior by adding the names of those attributes to the first property above.

Keith