ELException on IdP 4.0.1

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 25 16:03:29 UTC 2020

I think you scrambled up something in your configuration and supplied a Function as a bean that's a Predicate/Condition. That could have "worked but not worked" before because Guava's signature for both was apply() but in Java 8+ world, Predicate uses test and Function uses apply, so the code is calling test on a Function.

It was wrong before, but must have been implicitly working well enough to pass notice by treating the Function result as a condition result I guess.

I suspect maybe that's why Java used different methods. I hadn't realized before why that was done, but this is almost certainly why, you get a failure instead of silent incorrectness.