SP generation of ACS URL behind a reverse proxy

Sternath, Elmar elmar.sternath at siemens.com
Sat May 9 19:24:11 UTC 2020

Dear experts,

I run a Shibboleth SP on Apache behind a reverse proxy which terminates SSL. After managing some pitfalls, I finally got it working by setting ServerName to https://<reverse_proxy_hostname<https://%3creverse_proxy_hostname>> and setting ProxyPreserveHost ON on the reverse proxy. What I would still like to ask if there is any way to configure Shibboleth SP so that the ACS URL is generated based on a customized header instead of the Host header, e.g. X-Forwarded-Host.

Thanks and br,
Elmar Sternath