timeout settings

Lohr, Donald lohrda at jmu.edu
Wed Mar 25 17:09:58 EDT 2020

A follow-up question to this thread.

Say the IdP authn.defaultTimeout is set to 30 minutes and
authn.defaultLifetime is set to 90 minutes.

If I first login to SP1 at 10:00:00am - the authn.defaultTimeout timer
starts and will prompt me to login again at 10:30:00am.

What if I login to SP2 at 10:29:30, does the authn.defaultTimeout timer
restart, giving me another 30 minute window, etc and etc until I reach
the end of the authn.defaultLifetime 90 minute window.

Thanks

--
D o n a l d   L o h r
I n f o r m a t i o n   S y s t e m s