Zoho Help SP claims no metadata

Baron Fujimoto baron at hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 15 22:38:47 UTC 2020

Has anyone set up their IdP to interoperate with the Zoho SP? When I queried about their metadata, they responded, "Please be informed that we do not have possess any specific meta data. However, we will provide login/log out URL and default relay state (Request URL/Response URL)". This lack of metadata, and expectation of its non-availability is unique in our experience. They have some documentation on configuring SAML SSO for non-Shibboleth IdPs here:

<https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/desk/for-administrators/user-access-and-security/articles/setting-up-saml-single-signon-for-help-center#How_SAML_Works>

It looks like they are (probably?) referencing the sorts of data that would typically be incorporated into metadata, but deconstructed for GUI type admin interfaces.

Is the SP's metadata not technically required per the standard? Wikipedia suggests it's required, but that's... Wikipedia, and I couldn't find something more authoritative.

--
UH Information Technology Services : Identity & Access Mgmt, Middleware
minutas cantorum, minutas balorum, minutas carboratum desendus pantorum