Encryption works against samltest.id but not local Shibboleth IdP

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 30 15:44:03 UTC 2020

On 7/30/20, 11:33 AM, "users on behalf of Raymond DeCampo" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of ray at decampo.org> wrote:

>    So when you said no-one should use it, I thought you meant there was something about the contents or configuration
> choices of the metadata within the file itself whereas if I understand you correctly, you were objecting to the means of
> obtaining the metadata.

It's not really in any sense right, or inherently correct, so other than as a formatting example to help out, it's not worth much otherwise. People also get confused when they make changes and it doesn't reflect them (or more to the point they think it will, and it doesn't).

It's historical and if we were starting now it wouldn't exist. There are better ways to get an example metadata file produced if that were the goal (like a trivial CGI script sitting on a web server that takes a few parameters).