MFA Resources

Jeremiah Garmatter j-garmatter at onu.edu
Mon Jul 27 19:43:34 UTC 2020

Scott,

Thank you for the quick reply, your tips on the general-authn.xml script to
combine factors was very helpful and I believe I configured it to properly
merge the password and duo auths.
I'm still confused about the services though. I looked into the
relying-parties.xml and found that my predecessors included some profile
configurations for most of the services. An example of one is included:

        <bean parent="RelyingPartyByName" c:relyingPartyIds="ID-Here">
>             <property name="profileConfigurations">
>                 <list>
>                     <bean parent="SAML2.SSO"
> p:nameIDFormatPrecedence="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:persistent"
> />
>                 </list>
>             </property>
>         </bean>

Also, I'd like to mention that this system was running shibboleth 3.1 a few
days ago before I went through the process of upgrading to 4, not sure if
that matters much with these configurations.

I looked through the relying party configuration documents here:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP4/RelyingPartyConfiguration
as well as my relying-parties.xml and found no reference to the
defaultAuthenticationMethods or AuthnContextClassRef in any of them. Would
I simply have to create a new bean with the
parent=shibboleth.SAML2AuthnContextClassRef passing in a class reference to
my mfa method within the profileConfigurations property?

-Jeremiah Garmatter, Systems Administrator
-Ohio Northern University, Class of 2020
-j-garmatter at onu.edu