Reloadable attribute resolver - Added encoders not showing up

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 15 13:45:40 UTC 2020

On 7/15/20, 9:42 AM, "users on behalf of Mak, Steve" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of makst at upenn.edu> wrote:

> So just for clarity, even though I have not converted over to the new registry system, I still need to reload the registry in
> order to get new AttributeEncoders to show up?

The registry is the service that processes AttributEncoders for legacy compatibility, and the resolver file is loaded into that service after an upgrade to preserve the old behavior. The resolver service ignores those elements now.

There are no encoders at all now, and they don't get attached to the IdPAttribute objects by the resolver anymore. The registry service processes the elements and mocks up Transcoding rules based on the encoder syntax.