Reloadable attribute resolver - Added encoders not showing up

Mak, Steve makst at
Wed Jul 15 13:35:15 UTC 2020

Hi all I had a question to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

If I add a new AttributeEncoder to an attribute, eduPersonEntitlement for example, for a relyingParty that needs a new name like "roles", when the IdP reloads the new resolver file after 15 minutes it doesn't seem to pick up the new attribute name even if I wait until my DataConnector's ResultCache expires (expireAfterWrite=PT30M).

I am testing using aacli and testing an actual login.

The new attribute name only seems to show up after I restart my Java container.

Is this expected or am I doing something wrong?

My XML looks like this:

    <AttributeDefinition id="eduPersonEntitlement" xsi:type="Simple">
        <InputDataConnector ref="incommunity" attributeNames="eduPersonEntitlement"/>
        <AttributeEncoder xsi:type="SAML2String" name="urn:oid:" friendlyName="eduPersonEntitlement" encodeType="false"/>
        <AttributeEncoder xsi:type="SAML1String" name="urn:mace:dir:attribute-def:eduPersonEntitlement"/>
        <AttributeEncoder xsi:type="SAML2String" name="" friendlyName="Groups"
        <AttributeEncoder xsi:type="SAML2String" name="groups" friendlyName="groups" relyingParties="SP2"/>

And when I tested aacli for SP2, the "groups" attribute was not present until after a container restart.


Steven Mak

More information about the users mailing list