LDAP DataConnector BinaryAttributes definition

Joseph Fischetti Joseph.Fischetti at marist.edu
Wed Dec 16 20:52:29 UTC 2020

Hi all,
I’m bringing forward an old config and I hit a snag.
A customer is passing objectSid forward to their SPs, so I have a scripted attribute configuration that converts the binary value from AD into a string.
The old config used LDAPProperty within the dataconnector to define the attribute ‘objectsid’ as binary. The scripted attribute definitions specifies ‘objectsid’ as an input attribute.  It’s been in production like that for quite some time.

For the new configuration, I removed “LDAPProperty” and replaced it with “BinaryAttributes”.  It wouldn’t work until I specified  the attribute as ‘objectSid’ instead of ‘objectsid’.  The dataconnector *does* have lowercaseAttributeNames="true".  The scripted attribute resolver still references objectsid as lowercase:
<InputDataConnector ref="myLDAP" attributeNames="objectsid"/>

Is there a case sensitivity in BinaryAttributes that needs to be ignored somewhere?