Handling CORS to shibboleth protected sites

Christopher Bongaarts cab at umn.edu
Wed Aug 19 15:02:53 UTC 2020

My guide to doing this (which others have reported issues with, though
we did have it working at one point in the past) is here:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/Cross-origin+AJAX+requests+for+Shib-protected+resources

I've tried to call out why the various parts are needed.  In this case:

If the shib-protected site is using HTTP-Redirect, it won't work because
XmlHttpRequest follows them and does not propagate the necessary
headers.  You need to force HTTP-POST instead; for the Shib SP, you can
do this:

|<||SSO| |entityID||=||"https://idp.example.edu/idp/shibboleth"|
|outgoingBindings||=||"urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST"||>|
|||SAML2|

--
%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts   %%  cab at umn.edu          %%
%%  OIT - Identity Management  %%  http://umn.edu/~cab  %%