IdP v4 SLO issues when wilcard certificates for websites

Lipscomb, Gary glipscomb at csu.edu.au
Sat Aug 15 01:06:44 UTC 2020

Hi Scott,

Changing the order in the metadata

From

    <md:SingleLogoutService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:SOAP" Location="https://onlinedevel.csu.edu.au/Shibboleth.sso/SLO/SOAP"/>
    <md:SingleLogoutService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Redirect" Location="https://onlinedevel.csu.edu.au/Shibboleth.sso/SLO/Redirect"/>
    <md:SingleLogoutService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST" Location="https://onlinedevel.csu.edu.au/Shibboleth.sso/SLO/POST"/>
    <md:SingleLogoutService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Artifact" Location="https://onlinedevel.csu.edu.au/Shibboleth.sso/SLO/Artifact"/>

    <md:SingleLogoutService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Redirect" Location="https://onlinedevel.csu.edu.au/Shibboleth.sso/SLO/Redirect"/>
    <md:SingleLogoutService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST" Location="https://onlinedevel.csu.edu.au/Shibboleth.sso/SLO/POST"/>
    <md:SingleLogoutService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Artifact" Location="https://onlinedevel.csu.edu.au/Shibboleth.sso/SLO/Artifact"/>
    <md:SingleLogoutService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:SOAP" Location="https://onlinedevel.csu.edu.au/Shibboleth.sso/SLO/SOAP"/>

Seems to support the idea that it is sequence driven.

Initial testing show that SLO logout worked successfully after that change.
As you mentioned removing the SOAP SLO binding would guarantee the fix. I can do this for our own managed metadata, but may be impossible for federated metadata.

Regards
Gary