platform for IdP v4

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 6 20:29:46 UTC 2020

On 8/6/20, 4:06 PM, "users on behalf of IAM David Bantz" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of dabantz at alaska.edu> wrote:

>    Current IdP v3.4.6 is on RHEL7/java8; our infrastructure team's default VM is CentOS 7 (not yet 8) (which seems to
> dictate openSSL1.0.2 instead of updated openSSL1.1.1 with TLS 1.3 support).

I'm not sure where your TLS is terminated, but I would certainly be thinking about alternatives if the OpenSSL version on the host matters (presumably due to Apache being used).

Java 11 natively handles TLS 1.3 now when the web server is just in Java.

Using Docker would obviously be another way to host a CentOS 8 or other environment with TLS 1.3 support on a CentOS 7 VM.