Wiki and Jira moving this evening

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Apr 28 12:41:50 EDT 2020

I will be taking wiki and issues offline tonight at 7pm to migrate them to new versions running on a new server in AWS, which is the beginning of a full migration there we hope to complete in the next week or two.

Downtime will hopefully be fairly minimal, but once DNS is updated the old vhosts will be taken down.

I will send an all clear when they're back online.

Note that the new systems should be accessible via IPv6 natively for the first time as well.

There should be minimal disruptions from the moves until we hit mail, and then I'm expecting trouble. We're relaying mail for now through the old server and I have some steps already taken to get the AWS address off blacklists but there will almost certainly be major interruptions in delivery to lots of commercial destinations that I won't be able to do much about. That's probably middle or end of next week or so if things go according to plan.