FYI: configured GAE + Shibb IdP + Google MFA push

IAM David Bantz dabantz at alaska.edu
Tue Oct 15 12:58:04 EDT 2019

Thanks David. I understand and partially share your confusion. I've been
advocating and demo'ing and deploying pilot of Shibb IdP + Duo for years.

Cost to license Duo for all students has blocked broader deployment of that
solution, leading to alternative proposals.
Relying on Google's "free" 2FA for email - even if it sacrifices SSO and
doesn't address other services - is seen by management as "better than
nothing."

There's a case to be made of course for more comprehensive Shibb IdP + Duo
solution, considering total costs of partial and piecemeal solutions, but
that reasoning has so far not been persuasive here.

David