Enforcing SAML2/transmission of persistentId for WAYF service?

Stefan Kombrink stefan.kombrink at uni-ulm.de
Thu Nov 21 02:24:23 EST 2019

Dear community,

  I've got a SP setup, where I require the persistentId, and I want to
attach a discovery service.

As long as I define a single IdP as entityId I retrieve the persistentId
during a session:

<SSO entityID="https://idp-test.rz.uni-ulm.de/idp/shibboleth">SAML2
SAML1</SSO>

*SSO Protocol:*  urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol
*Authentication Context Class:*  urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport

When I switch over to WAYF:

<SSO discoveryProtocol="WAYF" ECP="true"
discoveryURL="https://wayf.aai.dfn.de/DFN-AAI-Test/wayf/www/WAYF.php">SAML2
SAML1</SSO>

I do not get the persistentId any longer. Furthermore, I can see the
Session is using

*SSO Protocol:*  urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:protocol
*Authentication Context Class:*  urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:am:password

To me it seems as if the WAYF forces it to use SAML1, and that's why I
do not obtain the entityID. Is that so?

Is there a discovery service I could use instead which will be SAML2
compatible and give me the persistentID?

thanks & best regards

Stefan

--
Kontaktdaten: https://portal.uni-ulm.de/ETB/ab/showPerson.html?pid=46110