JAAS configuration needed for SearchDnResolver

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed May 22 22:34:47 EDT 2019

On 5/22/19, 10:09 PM, "users on behalf of Bickel, David" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of jdbickel at iu.edu> wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone has any advice for us in wiring up the jaas-authn-config.xml and jaas.config to use the
> SearchDNResolver?  I have a Guest system with accounts in an Active Directory where the user know identifier is “mail”.
> So I am attempting to use the ldaptive SearchDNResolver using userFilter=“(mail={user})” to resolve the proper DN.

Well, I have mine set up using userFilter="(|(OSUstuApplEmailAddress={user})(cn={user})(OSUPSEmplID={user})(OSUmedcenterID={user}))

Works fine, but...

      dnResolver="org.ldaptive.auth.PooledSearchDnResolver"
      authenticationHandler="org.ldaptive.auth.PooledBindAuthenticationHandler"
      cacheId="ldaptive-pooled";

I have none of those and don't know how to use them, so can't speak to that.