How to send attributes when using MFA

Noriyuki TAKEI ntakei at sios.com
Wed Mar 27 23:40:14 EDT 2019

Hi,all.

I use MFA which consists of two flows(x509 and ExternalAuthnConfiguration).

I defined mfa-auth-config.xml to make the following flow possible,and it
worked properly.

(1) At first, a user is authenticated with x509 flow.In this case, Common
Name of Client certificate is “ntakei”.
(2) Next, a user is authenticated with ExternalAuthnConfiguration.In this
case, Principal is defined by the following code.

req.setAttribute(ExternalAuthentication.PRINCIPAL_NAME_KEY, userName);
(It is assumed that the value "test" is set to the variable "userName")

In addition, ldap filter to search attributes was defined as below in
ldap.properties.

idp.attribute.resolver.LDAP.searchFilter        =
(uid=$resolutionContext.principal)

I’d like to send attributes searched by ldap filter “uid=test” defined as
principal in ExternalAunthnConfiguration.

However, It seemed that the attributes searched by ldap filter“uid=ntakei”
defined as CommonName of Client Certificate in ExternalAuthnConfiguration
were sent.

Do you have any solutions?