UID not available in HTTP variables

Hong Ye hy93 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 19 14:49:10 EDT 2019

Hello,

We are configuring a vendor application with Shibboleth SP. This application uses tomcat, coldfusion. After successful authentication, uid is shown correctly at /Shibboleth.sso/Session path.  From Shibboleth document, uid should be set as http variable. From our trace, the value of uid only associated with a variable named TOMCATREMOTEUSER0000696F0000. We can’t use this variable name because the number after TOMCATREMOTEUSER changes after server reboot. Does anyone why uid is not there?

Thanks,
Hong