Test Accounts (Per -- Local/Internal IdP Login Account)

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 31 14:22:46 EDT 2019

On 7/31/19, 2:05 PM, "users on behalf of NAINI, NIKHIL" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of NAINI at mailbox.sc.edu> wrote:

> I very much share the thought process, but the application (team) requesting the integration either gives them an admin
> account or keeps pestering us to provide a test account. To get out of this endless loop for every new integration, I
> thought it might be easier to just get a dummy account with dummy data setup on a local instance

How will you convince an application to trust that local instance, if it means what I'm assuming it means? And if you don't have to because you don't have a backchannel flow and it's running with the same key as production, it's not anything but another production instance that had better not be playing fast and loose with what it's doing.

> (Apparently CAS SSO has this feature, but I'm not entirely sure about the technical details involved).

They aren't technical issues, it's really semantics.

> We're considering upgrading from 3.3.1 to 3.4.4, might just wait for V4 to show up if that's gonna be before Dec 2019.

That would not be a good decision. 3.3.x was end of life the day 3.4.0 was released. Minor updates are not just enhancements to deploy optionally.