Local/Internal IdP Login Account?

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 31 12:02:50 EDT 2019

On 7/31/19, 11:57 AM, "users on behalf of Peter Schober" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of peter.schober at univie.ac.at> wrote:

> Not unless you add something to that effect.

I do plan to add a local authenticator of some sort to V4, probably via JAAS, not sure yet, for use in testing scenarios of various kinds. We want to be able to have the software usable as a toy to some degree out of the box to address that constant complaint. It won't install that way automatically but I think it will be an option.

> If you need test accounts for some business processes and your IDM
> system doesn't allow creation of test accounts that seems like
> something to take up with the people in charge of such rules.

Having been waiting 20 years myself on that, you pretty much either just say no, or you eventually end up doing it yourself in the end somehow.