Linkedin learning

mat houser mhouser at
Tue Jul 30 16:16:06 EDT 2019

Yep, that was it. I got involved mid-way on this and they did indeed
have some things configured oddly. I fixed the endpoint, cleared out the
subject identity attribute name and gave it the emailAddress nameID and
it looks like it's fine now.


mhouser at

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019, Cantor, Scott wrote:

On 7/30/19, 3:24 PM, "users on behalf of mat houser" <users-bounces at on behalf of mhouser at> wrote:

> I'm curious if anybody has gotten linkedin learning SSO working properly
> with the Shibboleth IdP.

Yes. Lots of quirks but none with anything to do with SAML.

> We have the metadata loaded, but when I use their session initiation
> process it errors out on the IdP and the logs indicate that the
> providerId is missing from the request.

Then you're pointing it someplace wrong, it's normal SAML, normal endpoints.

-- Scott

More information about the users mailing list