risk-based authentication?

Wessel, Keith kwessel at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 23 15:44:20 EDT 2019

We've been focusing more on stronger authentication and less on trends and risk. We do have some Splunk alerts and scripts that will alert or even automatically scramble if someone is logged in twice simultaneously from different sides of the globe, but that's not exactly what you're talking about here.

I've seen some MFA vendors roll this feature into their products. Toopher, for one, could choose when it was and wasn't necessary to prompt for MFA based on a user's usual habits.

Keith