expiring-password intercept triggering unexpectedly

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Mon Jul 22 14:20:01 EDT 2019

> It doesn't log anything really, so debugging it requires Java hands on, or
> writing some scripting to try and apply the condition to known inputs and
> test the formatting string to see what it's doing.

About the most informative thing I've seen is this..
2019-07-22 12:01:37,293 - 141.213.171.202 - DEBUG
[org.springframework.webflow.engine.Transition:214] - Executing
[Transition at 29f72fb4 on = T(java.lang.System).currentTimeMillis() -
T(java.lang.Long).parseLong(ExpiringPasswordCookieManager.getCookieValue(ExpiringPasswordCookieName,
'0')) > ExpiringPasswordNotifyInterval, to = DisplayExpiringPasswordView]

I'm presuming all of this stuff is exposable in nashorn?  Rather than
having to edit / recompile the actual java?

> The Z may be causing issues because of its status as a time zone
> signifier, and the parsing can be very tricky.

The Z is in single quotes, which does seem to be the way to embed string
literals..
https://www.joda.org/joda-time/apidocs/org/joda/time/format/DateTimeFormat.html

There was this thread from February about date parsing..
https://marc.info/?l=shibboleth-users&m=154963902909739&w=2

Lastly one always needs to sanity check the value itself being parsed, and
> the attribute resolver can log that on DEBUG.

Doing that.   It looks like what I expect (but maybe my expectations are
off).

LIam