Shib 2 release attribute to SP with a different name

Emily Heiner eheiner at whatcom.edu
Thu Feb 28 12:34:21 EST 2019

I’m looking at the SAMLTest SP log and it’s getting the attribute passed, but not displaying in the results as an attribute that was successfully passed:
<saml2:Attribute FriendlyName="Email" Name="Email" NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:uri"><saml2:AttributeValue xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="xs:string">eheiner at whatcom.edu</saml2:AttributeValue></saml2:Attribute>

Do I need to change the NameFormat as well?

Emily Heiner
Software Developer/DBA
Whatcom Community College
Email:   eheiner at whatcom.edu<mailto:eheiner at whatcom.ctc.edu>
Office:  360-383-3425

“There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- there are things we do not know we don’t know.”
-- United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

“I just the other day got… an Internet sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday. I got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially [...] And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes.”
-- United States Senator, Ted Stevens